Fundamentals of Financial Planning - 4th Edition ISBN-978-1-936602-20-9
Where fundamental financial science and theory merge with real life.
Here are all the essential basics of financial planning woven into the realities of working with real clients and building a successful practice. Inside are seven different ways to analyze a client situation, then how to best communicate and work with clients in their best interests. Using real data and relevant case examples, Fundamentals of Financial Planning takes you logically through the process of client behavior, motivation and risk management, education funding and investment management, and the critical influence of time on the value of money.
This is an essential text that puts fundamental academics into a real life context to help ensure that concepts and best practices are comprehended, retained and ready for deployment.
This professional tax and financial planning perspective services multiple applications:
- In a fundamentals course as part of a comprehensive curriculum in financial planning or financial management
- As a reliable and comprehensive reference for practicing financial professionals
- Fundamentals of Financial Planning also meets all of the educational requirements for a Financial Planning course in any CFP Board-registered program
Digital copies of this book are distributed through VitalSource Bookshelf.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Financial Planning
- Chapter 2: Interpersonal Communication and Behavioral Finance
- Chapter 3: Financial Planning Approaches
- Chapter 4: Personal Financial Statements
- Chapter 5: Risk Management for the Individual Client
- Chapter 6: John & Mary Burke Case
- Chapter 7: Time Value of Money
- Chapter 8: Education and Education Funding
- Chapter 9: Investment Planning
- Chapter 10: David and Amy Rudolph Case Part 1
- Chapter 11: Retirement Planning
- Chapter 12: Income Tax Planning
- Chapter 13: Business Entity Selection and Taxation
- Chapter 14: Estate Planning
- Chapter 15: Economics and the External Environment
- Chapter 16: Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct
- Chapter 17: Planning for Special Circumstances
- Chapter 18: David and Amy Rudolph Case Part 2
For information regarding an earlier edition of this text, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org